Yoga for Every Body
Hatha Yoga Classes at the Village Hall are held on Monday and Tuesday mornings from 9.30am to 10.45am.
The classes are for all abilities, and are led by Sally who is an experienced registered Yoga Alliance Professionals Teacher. Sally is fully qualified in Hatha Yoga, Chair Yoga, Restorative Yoga and Yin Yoga.
A regular practice of Yoga Asana (the physical postures) is shown to improve mobility, flexibility and strength. In addition to this, we incorporate pranayama (breath control) and mindfulness to promote and support emotional wellness.
The groups are well established and friendship and connection is abundant. New members are welcomed warmly and soon find that they are part of a Yoga family!
If you are interested in finding out about any of the classes, please do contact Sally for more information on 07922 476874 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair Yoga at Hundon Village Hall
Chair yoga at Hundon Village Hall on Mondays at 11.30 until 12.30
What is Chair Yoga?
- In short, it’s Yoga with a chair!
- Chair Yoga has all the components of a Hatha Yoga practice but there is no getting up and down from the floor!
- This is a class for those who prefer a more gentle form of yoga, have reduced mobility, or are recovering from illness or injury.
- Most yoga postures (Asana) are available with modifications and support and the chair is used to create a sense of stability, making the postures accessible and comfortable.
- We begin and end the class with a short meditation in order to relax the body and quieten the chatter of the mind.
- There is never any pressure or expectation to “achieve” – you are encouraged to listen to your body and to only ever work within your own range of movement.
- Chair Yoga is a lovely class for improving balance, mobility and strength, using gentle and subtle postures and incorporating breath awareness (Pranayama).
Contact Sally for more information on 07922 476874 or email at email@example.com.