A brief history of Hundon
Much of the 20thC history of Hundon has either been related to the older residents or is remembered by them and recalled in their memories in this book and they are able to tell of incidents and give anecdotes which add colour to what follows. In February 1914 occurred the disastrous fire at All Saints Church which completely destroyed all the woodwork of the structure, the pews, the floor and the roof. The six bells all fell to the ground and whilst some church records were saved those that remain are charred and stored in the Public Record Office. Water used to combat the blaze had to be taken from ponds there not being a public supply then. The church was re-built by Messrs. Rattee and Kett of Cambridge and completed in 1916.